This pigs in a blanket recipe is a go-to in our house for an easy appetizer or game day snack. It’s my husband’s favorite thing to eat when there’s a big football game on.
These pigs in a blanket with cheese and jalapeno are GREAT for many reasons: they’re loaded with flavor, easy to make & eat, and they’re not messy. A delicious, simple dish that you can make ahead of time and eat at a party.
How to Cook Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese and Jalapeno:
A quick note on this recipe: if you’re cooking for a large group, double the recipe here. This makes 16 mini pigs in a blanket. 16 is a good amount, but these tend to go fast – especially in a group!
Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese and Jalapeno
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls (oz each)
- 1 package mini sausages (we use Little Smokies)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 7 jalapeños
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut cheddar cheese & jalapenos into thin, skinny slices (for ours I like the slices about ¼” thick and 2” long)
- Unroll the cans of crescent rolls and cut each triangle into two.
- Place sausage, cheese, jalapeno in the shortest edges of the triangles and roll up your pigs in a blanket.
- Place pigs in a blanket on an un-greased baking sheet
- Optional: brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with pretzel salt
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown
Enjoy!! These are best served warm when they come out of the oven.
Need another recipe like this? Spicy Beer Cheese is one that you can’t go wrong with! Here’s the link:
This time of year the leaves are changing, there’s a chill in the air, and pumpkin everything surrounds us. It’s fall! We love cooking crockpot meals, fall-inspired desserts, and lots of game day snacks this season.
I’ve collected a few of the best recipes from these categories and added them to Pinterest on a board below. Check it out for some inspiration: