I always thought that beer cheese was hard to make – until I found this recipe! This spicy beer cheese dip recipe is dangerously good. It goes missing in record time when we make it at our house.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s the perfect party food. Bring it to a potluck and people will love you. Bring it to a tailgate, a party, or a friend’s house and you will have an instant hit. People will talk about you for a GREAT reason: this mind-blowingly good spicy beer cheese dip recipe.
Too spicy? The spice level of this recipe is medium to high. The cayenne adds a nice kick that definitely gives good, spicy heat. But if you want to tone it down, add half the amount of cayenne and it’s still tasty!
What to eat it with? The most popular thing to eat with this spicy beer cheese dip is pretzels! Chips or crackers also make for a salty, satisfying snack. Or for a healthier option, try cauliflower florets!
Time to Cook:
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 1/2 cups
3/4 cup whole milk
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup beer (lager, ale, IPA)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Spicy Beer Dip Recipe – Instructions:
1. Heat the butter in a medium-sized pan until melted.
2. Whisk in the flour (it’s OK if it’s a little lumpy at this point)
3. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in 2 tbsp of milk, then whisk in 2 tbsp more. Then mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk until smooth.
4. Stir in the mustard, beer, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt. Put the pan back on the heat and stir until thick and bubbling (about 4 – 5 minutes)
5. Add the cheese a little at a time, stirring to melt it.
6. Enjoy! (Note: if you’re bringing this somewhere to share it – you can re-heat on the stove or microwave and stir occasionally)
If you like this recipe, you’ll love our selection of Cabin Cooking recipes: check them out here.