This American Goulash recipe is ready in only 5 steps and cooks in 1 pot! It’s super simple and tasty. It uses a a classic combination of beef, tomatoes and pasta for a dinner that will quickly become a favorite go-to.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni noodles (uncooked)
- Parsley, optional for garnish
- Cook the onion & garlic: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute the onion 3 – 4 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
- Cook the beef: Add the beef to the pot. Crumble and cook until browned, about 5 – 8 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Simmer: Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the macaroni noodles to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni: Stir in the macaroni. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve: Serve warm, optionally garnished with chopped parsley on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American