THE BEST taco soup, full of taco-inspired ingredients like black beans, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper and more. It’s super flavorful and all of the ingredients create the ultimate, crave-worthy taco soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained (or frozen corn)
- 1 lime, juiced
For serving (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add the onion and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot along with the salt and pepper. Crumble and cook for 5 – 8 minutes, until browned and mostly cooked through. Drain excess fat.
- Add the bell pepper and garlic to the pot. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring the pot to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the black beans, pinto beans, corn and lime juice. Stir and simmer 3 – 5 more minutes over medium heat, until heated through. If desired, add ½ cup more beef broth or water to thin your soup.
- Serve warm. Optionally, add toppings like cilantro, sour cream, and cheddar cheese along with a side of tortilla chips.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: soup, taco, beef