The recipe that will forever change your opinion of chicken noodle soup! Grandma's recipe is one you'll crave as a hearty, go-to dinner.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled & chopped thinly
- 3 celery stalks, chopped thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz egg noodles
- Add chicken, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred using a fork. Once shredded, return chicken to slow cooker.
- Add egg noodles. Simmer on low until the noodles are cooked, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Category: Main Course