There’s nothing like huckleberry cheesecake: it’s rich in texture & sweet in taste. If you love huckleberries, you’ll love this recipe — it brings out their flavor in the most decadent way. This huckleberry cheesecake recipe is also a showstopper, perfect for entertaining or impressing friends. And if you don’t have huckleberries, blackberries or blueberries have the same effect.
If you’re picking your own huckleberries for this cheesecake recipe, you’ll want to pick 1 3/4 cups. Other items you’ll need include parchment paper & a 10″ springform pan.
Huckleberry Cheesecake Filling:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cups sour cream
4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup huckleberries
Huckleberry Cheesecake Crust:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
Huckleberry Cheesecake Topping:
1.5 cups huckleberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
You’ll also need:
Springform pan (10 inch)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Fill a large pan with 1/2 inch of water and place in oven. Later you will place the cheesecake in the middle of the pan to bake.
- Make crust: line your springform pan with parchment paper. Mix together graham cracker crumbs & cinnamon. Add butter. Press the crust onto the bottom and then 2/3 of the way up the sides of your springform pan. Wrap foil around the bottom of the pan and freeze until filling is ready.
- Make filling: mix together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and then add to cream cheese mixture; blend until eggs are incorporated. Add the huckleberries last by folding them into the filling.
- Make topping: Combine sugar, lemon juice & huckleberries in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the berries are soft. In a separate small bowl combine cornstarch (8th of a teaspoon) and 1 tablespoon water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the huckleberry topping and bring to simmer, stirring frequently for 2 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Compile the cheesecake: pour the filling into the crust. Pour 1/3 topping over the cheesecake and swirl in with a butter knife to create a marbled effect. Place the cheesecake into the oven into the preheated water bath. Bake 12 minutes. Next turn oven to 350 degrees and bake 50 – 60 minutes, until the top of the cheesecake is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Add remaining topping just before serving. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe or have a favorite huckleberry recipe? Let me know in the comments below!