These sweet potato chips are easy, crunchy and salty. Paprika and garlic powder are the secret ingredients on these chips that gives them a flavor similar to sweet potato fries.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper (you can also use one baking sheet and do your chips in two rounds).
- Use a mandoline slicer set to the thinnest possible setting to slice your sweet potato into rounds. If you don’t have a mandoline, use a sharp knife to thinly slice your potato.
- Toss the sweet potato with the olive oil and seasonings in a bowl. Toss well, making sure that the sweet potato pieces are covered in oil. Arrange the potato rounds on the baking sheets in one layer with no overlapping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. If you are baking your chips on two baking sheets, flip their positions after 10 minutes. If you’re using 1 baking sheet, add the second round of chips after the first finishes. For crunchy chips, bake them a few minutes longer, until each chip is browned.
- Let the chips rest on the pan for 5 minutes before removing them. The chips will crisp as they cool. If the chips have excess oil on top, dab with paper towels.
- Category: Snack