The best wild huckleberry pie recipe. The filling showcases the flavor of the huckleberries (and you can use some blueberries if you don’t have enough huckleberries)!
- 2 9″ pie crusts
- 4 cups huckleberries ((if you don’t have this many, substitute blueberries))
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line pie dish with pie crust.
- Add huckleberries on top of pie crust.
- In a small bowl, mix together 3/4 cups of sugar and flour. Spoon evenly over berries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and zest over the top. Then dot with butter.
- Add top crust, making sure to seal the edges. Gaps in the crust will result in huckleberry juice creeping out.
- Cut seam vents in the top crust. Brush the top of the pie with heavy cream and sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake pie at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat and bake at 350 for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Enjoy! Optionally serve with ice cream. The pie may be runny when it first comes out of the oven but thickens upon cooling.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American