An easy way to cook bone in prime rib roast. Roasted to perfection every time and seasoned with simple salt & pepper.
- 8 – 10 pound rib roast, bone in
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub salt and pepper liberally onto roast.
- Place roast bone side down in baking pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees and roast 16 minutes per pound. Internal temperature should be 135 – 140 degrees for medium rare; 150 – 160 degrees for well done.
- Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 33 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American