This vegan cauliflower buffalo wings recipe is the ultimate dupe of the real thing! These wings are crispy, spicy, and so satisfying. This recipe matches the taste of chicken wings as closely as possible while using as many plant-based & clean ingredients as possible!
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 3/4 cup flour (or almond meal)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (leave out for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk alternative (or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the seasonings and flour. Add the milk and stir again (it should be thick). Mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and use your hands to mix until each piece of cauliflower is coated with the batter.
- Add the cauliflower to the baking sheet in a single, non-overlapping layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the coconut oil, honey and buffalo sauce.
- Brush the sauce on the cauliflower and bake for 10 – 15 more minutes, until the cauliflower is browned and crispy on the outside. Optionally, reserve 2 tablespoons of the sauce to brush on the cauliflower once it comes out of the oven.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack