1 (13-ounce) can pizza dough
Flour, for dusting the table
⅛ – ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
3–4 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
2–3 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
3–4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
7–8 full-fat mozzarella cheese sticks
¼ cup salted butter, melted
1 clove garlic, freshly pressed OR ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Pesto, marinara, or additional garlic butter for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your workspace and roll the pizza dough into a large square. Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 30 small squares.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes and herbs, then slice each cheese stick until you have 30 small pieces.
- Place a few slices of tomato in each dough square, followed by a piece of cheese.
- Roll each filled square into a smooth ball, ensuring the edges are sealed.
- Place your dough balls on a prepared baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree. The easiest way to do this is to create a pyramid, leaving 2 dough balls for the “trunk.”
- Melt the butter, add the garlic, and brush over the Christmas Tree Bread.
- Add chopped herbs and a sprinkle of parmesan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the Christmas Tree Bread comes out of the oven, add more herbs or sundried tomatoes, if desired.
- Serve with green pesto and marinara sauce. Enjoy!
Keywords: christmas tree bread, christmas bread, pizza bread, pull apart bread