A recipe to keep in your back pocket: it's easy to whip up last minute for a party or holiday get-together. A side dish that has show-stopping fall flavors.
- 1 – 2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 potatoes)
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Peel sweet potatoes & cut into 1” chunks.
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water for about 15 minutes, or until soft & cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Mash by hand or with a mixer until combined & smooth.
- Serve warm & topped with butter, maple syrup, or brown sugar!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American