This month we tried Farmbox Direct for the first time & this post covers our experience + how it works.
Note: this post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through one of the links I may receive a small commission.
What Is Farmbox Direct?
Farmbox Direct is an organic product delivery service that delivers a fresh box of fruits & vegetables to your doorstep! Here’s a link to their site:
You can sign up to have a box delivered every week, but there’s no membership/commitment and you can cancel at any time. You can also choose from different box sizes and make substitution for what’s in your box.
WHO IS IT IDEAL FOR? Farmbox Direct is ideal if you love the idea of picking out fruits and vegetables at a farmer’s market but want the convenience of your produce being delivered. It’s also perfect for busy families who don’t want to think about what to buy or make for the week.
How Does Farmbox Direct Work?
Here’s how Farmbox Direct works in 4 simple steps:
- Visit their site (link below) and enter your zip code to make sure that delivery is available where you live.
- Set up an account and schedule your delivery.
- Select what size of box you’d like.
- Customize your box with up to 5 substitutions.
To get a better idea of how much produce actually comes in the boxes (there’s 3 sizes), check out the link below:
Our Farmbox Direct Review
We received a complimentary Farmbox Direct box to see if we’d be interested in partnering with them here on our site. And we instantly fell in LOVE with this company & product.
Here’s our thoughts on the box we got:
- Fresh: I was a bit skeptical that the produce would stay fresh in the shipping produce but it was all fresh and unbruised (super well packaged). Also I liked that some of the items were barely ripe or about to become ripe so I could use them throughout the week.
- Price: compared to our local grocery stores where we buy organic produce, the price of the entire box was less expensive than if we were to buy everything individually
- Creative way to eat more fresh foods: our whole family enjoyed eating all the fresh fruits + vegetables all week long. The box made it so much easier to pair produce with our meals and give new ideas of what to make.
Lastly, I love that Farmbox partners with farmers that are as local as possible to your own area. This gave us a greater connection to the food we were eating and it was fun to look through out box and see where different produce came from.
Try Farmbox Direct for yourself below! Click here for delivery options + free shipping: