A hearty soup made with mixed beans and ham. The ultimate soup for a cold day.
- 1 package mixed dried beans ((recommended: Hurst's HamBeens 15 Bean Soup Mix))
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups diced ham
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- Rinse and drain the beans. Set aside the seasoning packet from your bean mix.
- Add beans, chicken broth, onion, carrots, bay leaves, and ham to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 – 7 hours, until beans are cooked and tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and seasoning packet that came with the mixed beans. Stir well and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 420 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American