Ready in only 30 minutes, this delicious black bean soup features lots of chopped vegetables and southwestern flavors. This recipe is an ideal easy dinner and is also tasty as make-ahead meal prep for your week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans (drain & rinse 1 can)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped avocado
- Lime wedges
- Using a food processor or blender, puree one of the cans of black beans (leaving them undrained and unrinsed).
- In a large dutch oven or pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute 3 – 4 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings to the pot. Stir until the ingredients are coated in the seasoning.
- Pour in the broth and bring the pot to a boil. Stir in the remaining can of beans (drained & rinsed), the pureed beans, and the corn (drained & rinsed).
- Turn the heat down and let the pot simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. If preferred, add more broth here to thin your soup.
- Stir in lime juice before serving. Optionally, serve topped with chopped cilantro and avocado.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes