These easy, healthy burrito bowls are full of flavor. They feature sweet potato seasoned with chili powder, black beans, corn and tomato. They use rice and lettuce for the ultimate mix of a burrito bowl + salad bowl.
- 3 cups brown rice
- 3 – 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Sliced avocado
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a large baking sheet, toss the sweet potato with the olive oil, salt and chili powder. Arrange the pieces in a single layer and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. The potatoes should be lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Once your potatoes and rice are cooked, assemble your bowls: divide equal amounts of each ingredient onto each bowl. I like to start the bowls with rice and lettuce as a base and pile the other ingredients on top.
- Optionally, garnish with chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and sliced avocado.
Sauce: I like to serve these burrito bowls with Sriracha Mayo (shown in the image above). You can buy this sauce store-bought or make your own by mixing about 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise (can also use vegan mayonnaise) and Sriracha until it’s a light orange color. For more spice, add more Sriracha.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch