An easy chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe that’s loaded with chicken and vegetables and topped with flaky, buttery biscuits.
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Original Biscuits, 8 count
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small package mixed frozen veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake biscuits for half the time recommended (about 6 – 8 minutes). Remove from oven.
- Increase oven heat to 400 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add in frozen veggies and saute until they are soft.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and milk. Add thyme, sage, and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the shredded chicken. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with the biscuits, making sure to flip the biscuits upside down from how they were first baked (this will ensure they cook through evenly).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the biscuits are all golden brown.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American