This easy recipe for chocolate chia seed pudding tastes like a decadent chocolate dessert but is loaded with healthier ingredients. Satisfy your sweet tooth + chocolate cravings with this simple recipe. Vegan / Dairy-free.
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth and combined. Let your pudding sit for 5 – 10 minutes and then stir again to make sure there are no clumps of chia seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight to give the chia seeds time to gel. Optionally, garnish with your favorite fruits, nuts or seeds before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you plan to meal prep, divide your pudding into individual containers after it sets up in the fridge.
- Milk substitutions: you can use regular milk or dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, oat milk) – even chocolate milk! – for this recipe.
- Maple syrup substitutions: agave syrup or honey are popular substitutions
- Category: Dessert