This is the best classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and have just the right amount of chocolate chips.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links I may receive a small commission.
About The Recipe
This recipe is for the ultimate classic chocolate chip cookie. It’s an easy, fail-proof recipe that comes out amazing every time. These cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips.
Tips for Making The Recipe
- Use a cookie sheet: use a nonstick cookie sheet rather than a baking sheet to help these cookies rise and get the soft, fluffy texture you see in the photos.
- Use a cookie scoop: use a medium cookie scoop to get perfectly-sized and even cookies every time.
How to Know When the Cookies Are Done:
These cookies will rise and the edges will become lightly golden brown after 10 – 12 minutes. Take them out of the oven, let them cool for a minute on the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack.
Popular Additions & Substitutions:
- Chocolate chunks: you can swap out chocolate chunks for chocolate chips if you prefer. Use the same amount and fold them into the batter as you would the chocolate chips.
- Nuts: add 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans to give these cookies and added crunch!
The BEST classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and have just the right amount of chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add to the batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter (about 1.5 tablespoons in size) using a large cookie scoop or spoon onto an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges are barely golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert