This is the best classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and have just the right amount of chocolate chips.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links I may receive a small commission.
About The Recipe
This recipe is for the ultimate classic chocolate chip cookie. It’s an easy, fail-proof recipe that comes out amazing every time. These cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips.
Tips for Making The Recipe
- Use a cookie sheet: use a nonstick cookie sheet rather than a baking sheet to help these cookies rise and get the soft, fluffy texture you see in the photos.
- Use a cookie scoop: use a medium cookie scoop to get perfectly-sized and even cookies every time.
How to Know When the Cookies Are Done:
These cookies will rise and the edges will become lightly golden brown after 10 – 12 minutes. Take them out of the oven, let them cool for a minute on the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack.
Popular Additions & Substitutions:
- Chocolate chunks: you can swap out chocolate chunks for chocolate chips if you prefer. Use the same amount and fold them into the batter as you would the chocolate chips.
- Nuts: add 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans to give these cookies and added crunch!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
The BEST classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and have just the right amount of chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add to the batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter (about 1.5 tablespoons in size) using a large cookie scoop or spoon onto an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges are barely golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply