This is an easy classic recipe for soft peanut butter cookies. These cookies are full of mouthwatering peanut butter flavor in every bite.
About The Recipe
This recipe is for you if you’re looking for a simple, classic peanut butter cookie. These cookies are heavy on the peanut butter flavor and are a rich, sweet treat. These cookies are soft (not crunchy) and nicely chewy.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Cookies:
How to Know When They’re Done:
You’ll know your cookies are ready to come out of the oven when the edges are lightly browned. The cookies will still be soft when you take them out of the oven. Let them cook for a minute on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack.
How to Create the Cross Hatch Pattern on Peanut Butter Cookies:
To create the classic crosshatch pattern found on top of peanut butter cookies use a standard-sized dinner fork. Press it into the top of your cookie until the dough ball becomes about 1/2″ tall. Then rotate your fork 90 degrees and press it in again. The pattern should look like a grid.Print
A classic, easy recipe for soft peanut butter cookies. These cookies are full of mouthwatering peanut butter flavor in every bite.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Mix in the brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until blended.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll spoonfuls of dough that are about the size of 1 rounded teaspoon. Place them on a nonstick ungreased baking sheet 1” apart. Using a fork, press a crosshatch pattern into the top of the cookies. Press the cookie down until it is about ½” tall. Press the fork in one direction and then rotate 90 degrees and press again to create the crosshatch pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert