This classic gingerbread men cookies recipe is a must-have for Christmas. The traditional flavors of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses give these cookies a warm, festive flavor.
I especially love this recipe because it’s not too soft (the cookies won’t fall apart) and not too hard. When you bite into a cookie, you get a perfect crunch.
Enjoy these cookies with some Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate, and you’ll have a new favorite Christmas tradition.Print
A classic, must-have recipe for the holidays. Flavorful gingerbread cookies baked to perfection. These will quickly become a family favorite every year.
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the molasses and egg.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add this bowl to the egg mixture.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1 1/4 inches thick.
- Cut gingerbread men and transfer to a greased cookie sheet, placing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. The cookies will be soft when first out of the oven but will cool and harden.
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American