This post has been sponsored by Rojo’s® Autentico. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These crockpot salsa chicken bowls are an easy, cozy recipe to bring the whole family together for a delicious meal. They feature Rojo’s® Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsas, which bring a fresh and authentic Mexican flavor to the recipe.
You can find Rojo’s Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa at your local Albertsons store in the refrigerated salsa section (usually in the same aisle as the cheese)!
Click below for a special discount and to try these tasty salsas for yourself:
Rojo’s Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa are made with diced Roma tomatoes, onions, chiles, fresh cilantro and spices — the best ingredients that we all love in our salsas! They have a fresh and bold flavor that’s perfect for dipping chips or as a companion to any meal.
If you’re craving the salsa from your favorite Mexican restaurant, pick up a couple containers of Rojo’s Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa’s for the same authentic flavor at home.
Here’s a few of our favorite ways to use these salsas:
- On top of tacos
- On our breakfast burritos
- As a topping for enchiladas
- As part of a dip trio (along with nacho cheese + guacamole) as a holiday or party appetizer
- Salsa chicken bowls (recipe at the bottom of this page)!
About The Recipe: Crockpot Salsa Chicken Bowls
This recipe for crockpot salsa chicken bowls is an easy weeknight dinner that’s a hearty, cozy option for fall nights. It’s ready in 3 steps and your crockpot does all the cooking!
Here’s a few tips for making your salsa chicken:
- Use two forks to shred your chicken: after your chicken cooks in the crockpot, the easiest way to shred it is to use two forks.
- Leave your crockpot covered while it cooks: there’s no need to stir this recipe or to lift your crockpot lid while the chicken is cooking.
- Get creative with your bowls: we love to serve this salsa chicken with corn and beans, but you could also top it with avocado, cheese, cilantro, or add a side of rice.
Grab some Rojo’s Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa plus your favorite Mexican-inspired toppings, and add these salsa chicken bowls to your dinner rotation! You won’t be disappointed.
And before you do your grocery shopping, don’t forget to check out the Albertsons Mobile app for special deals and coupons unique to your local Albertsons.
We love to shop at Albertsons because their app is so helpful to take advantage of sales and discounts! I even get meal ideas just by seeing and shopping all of the coupons they have to offer.Print
An easy weeknight dinner with a few simple ingredients. Done in 3 steps and your crockpot does all the cooking. Rojo’s Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa’s give this recipe all the flavor it needs!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) container of Rojo’s® Restaurant Style and Homestyle Salsa (I used their chunky Homestyle salsa for this recipe)
- 2 (15 oz) cans corn, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- Lime wedges
- Add your chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chili powder over the chicken and then top with the chopped onion and 1 cup of salsa.
- Cook covered on high for 3 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken using two forks and drain any excess liquid. Stir in the remaining salsa, reserving a couple of spoonfuls for topping your bowls.
- Serve the salsa chicken with sides of cooked black beans and corn, topped with an extra spoonful of salsa.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours