A classic, easy slow cooker chili recipe that’s done in 3 steps. Full of flavor and sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the onion: In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and saute for 3 – 4 minutes, until tender.
- Brown the beef: Add the ground beef to the skillet with the onion and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, until browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add to crockpot & cook: Add all ingredients, including the cooked onion and beef, to a slow cooker. Stir well to mix. Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours or high for 3 – 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Recommended crockpot size: 6 quarts
- To make it spicy: add 1/8 – 1/4 of cayenne pepper
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American