The easiest, tastiest way to cook turkey breast in your slow cooker. The turkey is covered in a garlic herb butter spread, cooked to perfection and then quickly crisped.
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 5 – 6 pound turkey breast
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and seasonings.
- Loosen the skin of the turkey as much as possible and spread half of the butter mixture under the skin and half over the top of the turkey.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom with round slices of onion and thin slices of garlic. Place turkey in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then 7 hours on low, until temperature of the turkey reaches 165 degrees.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Remove the turkey from the slow cooker and place in a baking pan. Broil for 4 – 5 minutes, until the skin of the turkey is browned and starts to crisp.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American