A simple, delicious Greek Quinoa Salad loaded with fresh ingredients. It’s tossed in a light dressing made of lemon, olive oil and red wine vinegar. This is a quick and easy recipe that can also be made ahead of time or for a tasty meal prep.
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives (or Kalamata olives), sliced into rings
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh colander and add it to the 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Once boiling, turn down the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water has ben absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes with the lid still on.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the salad: tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, parsley, feta cheese, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add it to the large bowl and pour in the dressing. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste. For best flavor, chill your salad in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Note: save a handful of feta cheese and parsley to sprinkle on top of your salad just before serving.
- Cuisine: Greek