This Greek Quinoa Salad is loaded with healthy ingredients: quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, red onion and olives. It’s tossed in an olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing that makes this a light and satisfying salad.
How to Make Greek Quinoa Salad in 3 Steps
The full recipe is below, but here’s a quick breakdown of how easy this recipe is:
STEP 1: Prepare your quinoa.
STEP 2: Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
STEP 3: Mix everything together in a large bowl. For best flavor, let the salad sit for 10 minutes.
Recipe Tip: How to Store This Recipe
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it’s easy to make ahead of time! I actually think it tastes BETTER the day after it’s made.
Store this recipe in the fridge: keep your quinoa salad in the fridge in an airtight container. It will stay good for 3 – 4 days. I like to make a large batch of this salad and then divide it up into several portion-size containers to eat for days.
Recipe Tip: Customize the Recipe
Because this recipe is so simple, it’s easy to customize to your own preferences. Not a fan of olives or tomatoes? Leave them out. Love cheese? Add more!
Here’s a few popular substitutions & additions to the recipe:
- Add chicken: add sliced grilled or baked chicken to your salad. Cook the chicken, let it cool and then stir it in after you prepare the rest of your salad.
- Quinoa: this recipe calls for white quinoa but you can also use red quinoa if you prefer.
- Spinach: to turn this into a green salad, add a few handfuls of spinach.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 – 8 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
A simple, delicious Greek Quinoa Salad loaded with fresh ingredients. It’s tossed in a light dressing made of lemon, olive oil and red wine vinegar. This is a quick and easy recipe that can also be made ahead of time or for a tasty meal prep.
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives (or Kalamata olives), sliced into rings
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh colander and add it to the 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Once boiling, turn down the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water has ben absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes with the lid still on.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the salad: tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, parsley, feta cheese, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add it to the large bowl and pour in the dressing. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste. For best flavor, chill your salad in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Note: save a handful of feta cheese and parsley to sprinkle on top of your salad just before serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Cuisine: Greek
For more delicious plant-based recipes like this one, check out our recipe sister site: By Megan Ann: Easy Plant Based Recipes.
Leave a Reply