Classic hummus recipe for any occasion! You can dress this hummus up with olives, green onions, feta or any toppings of your choice. Perfect to use as a spread or as an appetizer dip.
- 15–16 oz. Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (you can add more depending on taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin (optional)
- Paprika – for serving
- Parsley – for serving
- Olive Oil – for serving
- Chickpea water (keep the water the chickpeas are boiled in for later use)
- Pour chickpeas in a pot of water and boil for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until chickpeas become soft and tender. Let chickpeas cool to room temperature.
- After chickpeas have cooled, drain chickpeas (keep chickpea water for later) and place them in your food processor.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini and cumin if using.
- Start with pulse for 2 minutes. In between, use a spatula to scrape the edges and then continue to blend.
- Add some of the reserved chickpea water into the mixture. Keep adding and blending until you get to a consistency you like.
- Taste test hummus and add more salt if desired. Keep blending until you get a smooth consistency.
- Serve hummus in dish of your choice and garnish with paprika, parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
- You can add any other toppings you’d like! Olives, feta, red peppers, etc. and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 4 people
Keywords: Appetizer, Spread, Hummus, Dip, Mediterranean