Homemade whipped cream!
Honestly, this is the best part of getting to eat pumpkin pie.
How to Make It
I always thought that homemade whipped cream for pumpkin pie was hard to make… it looks so impressive & tastes so good. BUT I was pleasantly surprised when my mom handed me her secret recipe this year. It’s not hard at all.
In fact, it has only 2 ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make. Easy peasy. The full recipe is listed at the bottom of this page.
And after tasting it, I can now confidently say that I will be using this whipped cream on everything. Heck, I would even eat it plain (it’s that good)!
The Secret to Making Homemade Whipped Cream for Pumpkin Pie
I’ve now made this recipe many, many times. And I’ve learned a few tricks along the way. Here’s the secrets to making the best whipped cream you’ve ever tasted & the full recipe is below!
- Be sure to whip the mix until it’s stiff. It might feel like you’re whipping it forever, but keep going until you get stiff peaks.
- Mixture not sweet enough? Add more powdered sugar. I believe the below recipe nails the classic homemade whipped cream flavor, but if you have a serious sweet tooth, feel free to add more sugar to satisfy your craving 🙂
Note: you can whip the below recipe by hand, but it’s recommended to use a mixer. Using a whisk and doing it by hand will take a bit longer!Print
How to make classic, easy, 2 ingredient homemade whipped cream for pumpkin pie. No pumpkin pie is complete without this!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- Add the heavy whipping cream & powdered sugar to a bowl. Blend together with mixer until stiff able to form a peak.
- Serve immediately on pumpkin pie! Slice your pie and place a spoonful on each slice! This recipe makes about 3 cups worth of whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Do you already have your PERFECT pumpkin pie recipe? Here’s one that’s so easy it’s impossible to get wrong:
For more seasonal recipe inspiration, follow along on our Pinterest board that gets new recipes weekly!