If you love banana bread, you’ll love this recipe for huckleberry banana muffins. The muffins are a banana bread consistency with the added tartness of huckleberries. Perfect as a snack, dessert, or paired with coffee in the morning. These are rich muffins, hearty & filling.
3/4 cups huckleberries
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cups sugar
1 pinch cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 cups melted butter
Instructions for Huckleberry Banana Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until barely moist.
- Fold in the huckleberries.
- Bake muffins for 10 – 15 minutes. Muffins are ready when they turn golden-brown on top and spring back when touched.
Have you found any huckleberries this summer? What are your favorite ways to bake them? Let me know in the comments below!
And if you need more ways to bake your huckleberries, check out the following:
Top 10 Huckleberry Recipes
Huckleberry Muffins Recipe
Huckleberry Cheesecake Recipe
SHOP THE BEST OF HUCKLEBERRIES ON AMAZON:
Leave a Reply