The ultimate comfort food: perfectly satisfying and full of flavor! This recipe is super easy to prepare & cooks in 5 hours in your crockpot.
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ((optional for topping))
- 3 green onions ((option for garnish))
- Cook 5 slices of bacon in the oven, save 1 to chop up and use as topping on the finished soup.
- Cube the red potatoes. Place them in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle the 3 tablespoons flour over them and toss to coat.
- Add to the slow cooker: chopped bacon, red onion, garlic, ranch 1 tablespoon dressing mix, salt, pepper, thyme.
- Pour water into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 – 9 hours, or cook on high for 5 – 6 hours.
- Add half and half to the soup, cook for 15 more minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes