There’s nothing more satisfying than a hearty serving of breakfast potatoes. This oven roasted breakfast potatoes recipe combines the crunch of golden-brown breakfast potatoes with a flavorful pop of peppers and a subtle spice of cayenne.
This oven roasted breakfast potatoes recipe is a crowd-favorite. It’s beloved by anyone who likes to wake up to a deliciously hot breakfast (which is everyone, right?!).
And this recipe makes enough potatoes to feed a whole family or a couple of very hungry people! There’s never any leftovers when I make it (too tasty), but if you end up with extra, these potatoes will also save well for later.
We love this oven roasted breakfast potatoes recipe at the cabin because it’s the perfect meal to start the day: filling, flavorful, and fun.
Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Makes: 5 – 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
4 pounds red potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
3 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
⅓ cup olive oil
½ stick butter, melted
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon garlic pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Kosher and ground black pepper.
Optional: 4 pieces bacon, crumbled.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- (Optional: cook 4 pieces of bacon until brown & crumble into small pieces. If you like a little extra crunch, sprinkle these on your potatoes just before serving them!)
- Chop the vegetables: dice the potatoes, peppers and onion. Mince the garlic.
- Add your chopped vegetables to a large bowl with seasoning: olive oil, butter, salt, garlic pepper, melted butter, red pepper flakes, cayenne, kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the potatoes twice.
- Turn oven up to 500 degrees.
- Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
Looking for more recipes like this? Check out our Cabin Cooking series here.
Leave a Reply