Picking huckleberries may be hard work, but this recipe for huckleberry muffins is an easy way to use them. These muffins are a scrumptious, sweet, and a slightly tart dessert. These are quick to make and will get eaten even quicker!
Note: if you don’t have huckleberries (or don’t have enough), blueberries work great too.
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups huckleberries
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Insert muffin papers into muffin pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the egg, milk and vanilla until blended.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into batter until barely moistened.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour to toss the huckleberries in.
- Fold huckleberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden brown.
And if you have even more huckleberries you need to bake, check out this Huckleberry Cheesecake Recipe.
Have you baked with huckleberries before? Let me know your favorite huckleberry recipe in the comments below!
SHOP THE BEST OF HUCKLEBERRIES ON AMAZON: