This simple Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta recipe is ready in 25 minutes, using classic Italian Caprese ingredients to make the perfect appetizer this Summer. This will easily be a hit recipe to prepare for your guests or will make a great light meal to serve your family!
Tomato Mozzarella Bruschetta Ingredients:
The full recipe is at the bottom of this page, but here’s a quick look at what you’ll need to make it:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Loaf of Italian Style Bread
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vingegar
- Sea Salt
You will need the following supplies:
I love all the fresh and savory ingredients that make the topping for this bruschetta for the warmer months when it just feels great to eat outside with family and friends. This recipe makes 8 servings so it’s perfect for a small get together or you can double the ingredients if you’re entertaining more! I personally will make this at home for myself and then i’ll store what’s left so I can continue to enjoy it for the couple of days.
How to store the Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta
This is best served immediately. However, you can make these ahead of time! Store the topping separately in an airtight container in the fridge and the toasted bread in an airtight container at room temperature. Spoon the tomato mixture over the toast just before serving.
Can you eat Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta warm or cold?
Either! We love them fresh out of the oven and it’s just as good once the bread has cooled down and if the toppings have been chilled. Just make sure to serve the bruschetta immediately after putting the tomatoes on the toast (or it will get soggy).
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is essentially toasted bread with toppings and is a popular Italian appetizer. Perfect for as a snack or to feed a crowd as an appetizer.Print
This Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta recipe is ready in 25 minutes, using classic Italian Caprese ingredients to make the perfect appetizer this Summer. This will easily be a hit recipe to prepare for your guests or will make a great light meal to serve your family!
- 1 loaf of rustic Italian style bread, sliced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, plus more for brushing on the bread
- 2–3 large Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 8-ounces of Mozzarella (I love to buy the pearls, otherwise cut the mozzarella into bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 clove of Garlic, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the olive oil, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, sea salt in a bowl, tossing to combine.
- Lightly brush the slices of bread with olive oil before toasting for about 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is golden and toasted.
- Halve a garlic clove and rub it across the top of the toasted bread.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the pieces of bread and drizzle the balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Bruschetta, Tomato Mozzarella Bruschetta, Appetizer, Italian, Caprese, Tomato Mozzarella, Easy Bruschetta, How to make Bruschetta, Bruschetta Ideas
Looking for more great Summer appetizer ideas? Check out our fresh spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce!