This easy Chopped Thai Salad is drizzled with a tasty peanut sauce and topped with crunchy cashews. It’s bright, fresh, and so satisfying.
The BEST part of this salad is the peanut sauce! It’s sweet, spicy, and full of peanut flavor.
The sauce brings together the flavor of all the ingredients and it’s what makes this salad crave-worthy.
The peanut sauce is inspired by a traditional Peanut Dipping Sauce but is adapted to serve as a salad dressing in this recipe.
Tips for Making Chopped Thai Salad & Peanut Sauce:
Make it Spicy ?️
If you add a pinch of red pepper flakes to your peanut sauce it will give this salad a nice spice. If you love spice, add 2 – 3 pinches of pepper flakes (highly recommend)!
Keep it fresh ?
This salad tastes great as leftovers. Store it in an airtight container in your fridge and it will stay good for about 2 days. To help keep it fresh, store your sauce separately and wait to drizzle it on top until ready to eat.
How to Prepare Your Vegetables:
- Lettuce & Cabbage: Chop your lettuce and cabbage into thin strips that are 2 – 3 inches long.
- Carrots: shred your carrots or use a peeler to peel them into thin strips and then chop into 2 – 3 inch pieces.
- Bell pepper: dice it finely into small cubes
- Cucumber: dice it into thin pieces (keep the skin on)
- Green onion: slice these into thin pieces
- Cilantro: mince the cilantro, cutting it into very small pieces so that it will blend in well with the rest of the salad
Chopped Thai Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 – 4 servings 1x
An easy chopped Thai salad that’s drizzled with a tasty peanut sauce. This salad is fresh, crunchy, and colorful!
To make the salad:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1 cups napa cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, thinly chopped
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
To make the peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients for the salad to a large bowl & toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients for the sauce until smooth.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce over the salad before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This salad is absolutely delicious.
My daughter Angela loves it and is she will make it when she return to Sydney. Australia.
The Cabin Diary
I’m so happy you and your daughter love this recipe! Thank you for trying it out!