This chorizo queso dip is the perfect chip dip. It’s loaded with cheese, chorizo, and a kick of spice. Make it for a party, game day, or when you’re craving chips and cheese.
In less than 30 minutes, you can be snacking on this tasty dip. It’s simple to make and the cooking process is SO worth it. This dip is in a league above any store-bought version!
Can You Make Chorizo Queso In the Slow Cooker?
Yes! This recipe is also easy to make in a slow cooker. The only difference is that instead of adding all the ingredients into a saucepan (step 3 below), you’ll add them to your slow cooker.
If you’re making this in a slow cooker, cook it on low heat for 2 – 3 hours. Stir it occasionally and keep cooking until the cheese is fully melted.
How Spicy Is This Recipe?
This chorizo queso has low to medium spice levels. If you’d like to tone down the spice, leave out one or both of the jalapenos.
And if you’d like to turn up the spice: add another jalapeno or a couple of pinches of cayenne for some extra heat!Print
The PERFECT chip dip! This chorizo queso is loaded with flavor and a kick of spice. Jalapeños, cheese, and chorizo are the stars of this dip.
- 15 oz jar queso (I use Tostitos Salsa Con Queso)
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 white onion (diced)
- 8 oz chorizo
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream ((can also substitute whole milk))
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo until browned, about 6 – 8 minutes. As it cooks, crumble it into small pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the onion, jalapeños, and garlic to the same skillet as the chorizo. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the queso, half and half and cheese. Stir over medium high heat about 5 – 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked ingredients from the skillet into the saucepan and let simmer over low heat for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or let it simmer over low heat for up to an hour until it's ready to enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Looking for more recipes like this?
Check out our favorite party appetizers & game day snacks here: see all recipes.