Chili is the ideal winter meal: it’s comforting, satisfying, and even a little spicy. And if you make it in your slow cooker, this spicy chili crockpot recipe will have your house smelling heavenly all day!
This recipe is all about the best parts of chili: the beans, meat, and fresh vegetables. And it has a satisfying flavor without being stuffed full of unhealthy ingredients.
Spicy Chili Crockpot Recipe
Note: the ingredients may look like a lot – but they are all simple & this recipe only has 5 steps! This is what makes the chili taste so good…
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 29 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 green peppers
2 cans black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can red kidney beans
½ teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon oregano
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain & crumble.
2. Dice the vegetables. Drain and rinse the beans.
3. Add all ingredients into your slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
5. Enjoy! We like to serve this chili with grated cheddar cheese on top and crackers on the side.
This recipe calls for ½ teaspoon of cayenne and 2 jalapeños, which is a lot for some people! I think it gives the chili a nice ‘kick,’ but you can adjust it to be more or less, depending on how spicy you like your crockpot chili.
Looking for more cabin cooking recipes? Check out our collection here.