This Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Sauce is a vegan version of Alfredo sauce. It’s creamy, thick, and you’ll want to put it on everything 🙂 Drizzle it on pasta, veggies, or use it as a dip!
About the Recipe
This is a simple and easy recipe for vegan cauliflower sauce. Garlic, along with a little soy sauce and nutmeg are the secret ingredients that give this sauce it’s full flavor.
Note: even though this recipe is as close to a vegan Alfredo sauce as it gets…it will still taste like cauliflower! It’s creamy, garlic-y, and delicious – but still has plenty of cauliflower flavor.
Tips for Making Vegan Cauliflower Sauce
- Don’t overcook your garlic: when sauteeing your garlic, cook it for only 1 – 2 minutes and remove it from the heat if it starts to brown. You don’t want to brown your garlic as it can cause the sauce to have a bitter taste.
- If your sauce is too thick: add more of the reserved liquid from your stockpot, or more oat/almond milk
- Blend well: blend your sauce until it’s completely smooth and creamy. If you don’t blend your sauce enough it will have a grainy texture.
A creamy vegan cauliflower sauce to drizzle on pasta, veggies, or to use as a dip! The possibilities are endless with this flavorful sauce 🙂 You’ll want to put it on everything…
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head cauliflower)
- 7 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and saute the garlic for 1 – 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth or water to the stock pot. Add the cauliflower and simmer, covered, for 7 – 10 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender.
- Strain the cauliflower from the pot, being careful to reserve 1 – 2 cups of the liquid.
- Add the cauliflower to your blender along with the remaining ingredients and 1 cup of the liquid from the pot. If needed, blend in batches. Blend until smooth and serve hot. If your sauce is too thick, add more liquid from the pot or milk.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sauce