Huckleberry topping is a great way to use your pick of huckleberries this season: it brings out their flavor and can be enjoyed with a variety of dishes.
And it’s easy to make – only a few steps and this huckleberry topping is ready to enjoy.
Some of the most popular ways to use this huckleberry topping are on cheesecake, pancakes, and waffles. It’s sweet enough to add to your favorite dessert, and fruity enough to make your breakfast, lunch or dinner indulgent!
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1.5 cups huckleberries
- Combine sugar, lemon juice & huckleberries in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until the berries are soft.
- In a separate small bowl combine cornstarch (8th of a teaspoon) and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the huckleberry topping and bring to simmer, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add to your favorite dish! Our favorites are adding this topping to cheesecake or waffles 🙂
For more huckleberry recipes, check out our Cabin Cooking series.
SHOP THE BEST OF HUCKLEBERRIES ON AMAZON: