This easy slow cooker beef stew is the ultimate slow cooker recipe: it’s super satisfying, full of flavor, and loaded with beef and vegetables.
There’s something so cozy about a stew cooking all day in the slow cooker. Especially if it’s chilly outside, this stew is the perfect meal to warm up.
Load up your slow cooker now, or save this recipe for the next cold front that comes through – you’ll thank yourself when you’re cozied up with a bowl of this heartwarming stew!
Tips for Making Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Prepare Your Vegetables
This recipe is loaded with vegetables (celery, carrots, potatoes, onions). Before you start cooking, it’s helpful to dice all your vegetables and have them ready to go.
Don’t Forget to Brown The Beef
The first step of this recipe is to toss the beef in flour, salt & pepper and then brown it in a skillet. Browning the meat will help preserve its flavor while it cooks for hours in the slow cooker.
How to Serve It
Beef stew is a hearty meal that can be served by itself or with a small side like rolls or salad.
This is a go-to weeknight dinner for us during the colder months! It’s easy to make in the morning and forget about it until dinnertime. Plus it makes our whole home smell heavenly while it cooks!
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef stew meat cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 onion
- 4 cups beef broth
- 5 small gold potatoes peeled & diced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Toss the meat in the flour mixture until coated.
- Brown the meat on medium high in a large skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 – 12 hours or on high for 4 – 6 hours.