This recipe is here to change your opinion of chicken noodle soup forever. No longer will chicken noodle soup be sick food (a soup that you meagerly eat in bed with the flu). NO MORE. Grandma’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is delicious, hearty, and so much more than a get-well-soon meal.
This recipe is what you want in your slow cooker on a chilly day, on a busy weeknight, or when you have family coming over. It’s a tasty, easy recipe that’s versatile and comforting. Plus it’s a crowd pleaser – picky kids and adults alike love dunking their crackers in this soup.
Why Make it in a Slow Cooker?
The flavors are just so much better. Because this recipe cooks in your slow cooker all day, the herbs mingle with the chicken and vegetables in a way that’s not possible on the stovetop. The chicken is also cooked perfectly this way.
Plus, cooking it in a slow cooker makes it easy to ‘set it and forget it’ while you do other things with your day.
How to Serve Grandma’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Serve grandma’s slow cooker chicken noodle soup with crackers or bread. Something that you can dunk into the salty, satisfying broth of this soup!
I should also add that you can serve this soup by itself – it’s hearty and filling enough.
Grandma’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled & chopped thinly
- 3 celery stalks, chopped thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz egg noodles
- Add chicken, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred using a fork. Once shredded, return chicken to slow cooker.
- Add egg noodles. Simmer on low until the noodles are cooked, about 20 – 30 minutes.
There’s something about slow cooker meals. The flavor, the comfort, and the satisfying warm that comes with them… I’m a big fan 🙂 For some slow cooker inspiration, here’s our top-made recipes:
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate (and there’s also a version of this with red wine!)
And for endless slow cooker inspiration, follow along on our Pinterest board where new recipes are added weekly: