These are the best crockpot BBQ meatballs because they are LOADED with flavor: they’re sweet, spicy, and smoky BBQ flavor all in one. Because of their flavor, they’re a great stand-alone dish to bring to a party, potluck, or tailgate. These are my go-to game day appetizer 🙂
In a hurry? Use frozen meatballs (pre-cooked), instead of making your own to cut down on time.
How to Make Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
The full recipe is below, but here’s how to make these meatballs in a couple simple steps.
Step 1: Mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
Step 2: Make the sauce.
Step 3: Add the meatballs to your slow cooker and pour the sauce over them.
Here’s the full recipe:Print
Perfect for party, potluck, or tailgate – these meatballs are the right balance of sweet, spicy, and BBQ flavor.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 egg egg
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix the meatballs: add the ground beef, garlic, breadcrumbs, white onion, egg, & red pepper.
- Roll the meatballs into about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Add meatballs to large skillet and brown on all sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce: whisk together the Sriracha, BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar, and paprika.
- Add the meatballs to the bottom of your crockpot and pour the sauce over them.
- Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
YUM. These are the best crockpot BBQ meatballs because they’re easy, flavorful, and the perfect treat for a group.
For more crockpot recipes, check out these favorites: