This recipe for Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms is the perfect sugar cookie with a peppermint Hershey’s kiss on top.
These are a tasty, sugary, peppermint, Christmas treat! Plus they look cute — keep this recipe for the next time you go to a cookie exchange or Christmas party.
Pair these with some Red Wine Christmas Sangria and your guests will be in Christmas heaven.
How to Make Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms
This recipe is a simplified version of making blossom cookies because it uses a time-saving hack: Betty Crocker’s Sugar Cookie Mix.
To make these cookies, you’ll add extra ingredients to the Betty Crocker mix. The extra ingredients take this recipe to the next level and make it the perfect flavor for Christmas.
The full instructions are below, but here’s a quick look at how to make these blossom cookies:
Add Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix along with vanilla, flour, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Stir well until dough forms.
Roll small (about 1 tsp) size balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Let the cookies cool for about 1 minute (so they aren’t super hot) and push a candy cane Hershey’s kiss into the middle of each.
Let the cookies cool for 2 – 3 hours before eating them (otherwise the candies will be too gooey)!
YUM. The combination of the sugar cookie base and peppermint candy on top is unreal. It’s all the best flavors of Christmas in one.Print
Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 Cookies 1x
This recipe for Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms is the perfect sugar cookie with a peppermint Hershey's kiss on top. A little slice of Christmas heaven!
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 24 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make sugar cookie dough according to instructions on the package, adding in 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp four, 1/2 tsp lemon zest. If your package has instructions for 'drop' cookies and 'cutout' cookies use the drop cookies variation.
- Roll dough into balls that are a teaspoon size. Place dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes, until the edges are just barely golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and place 1 Hershey's candy cane kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool for 2 – 3 hours before serving or transporting to allow the candies to cool and harden.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Such a cute idea! So festive…
Thank you!! 🙂