My Easy Cheesecake Dip is an easy appetizer with a world of possibilities. This dip comes together quickly and tastes like cheesecake in a bowl. The best part? You don’t have to bake a thing! If you need a last-minute party dessert or just craving something sweet, this recipe has your back. Those who live in hot climates will love this no-heat beauty!
This dip requires a little time in the fridge for the best results. Jazz it up with one of our many suggestions, or eat it as is. The choice is yours! Either way, you’re in for a mind-blowing experience. Grab some while you can; we can’t guarantee you’ll have any leftovers.
Cheesecake Dip Customization
With a slew of customization ideas, this Easy Cheesecake Dip will never get old!
- Add sprinkles and cake batter extract for Birthday Cake Cheesecake Dip.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the dip for a chocolate chip cookie twist.
- Fold in crushed candy canes or add peppermint extract for a Holiday Cheesecake Dip. Add a little food coloring to amp it up another notch.
- Add M&Ms to your dip for a colorful twist. Just don’t mix too much, or it’ll alter the color of the appetizer.
- Mix in crushed Oreos for a cookies n’ cream effect.
- Spread pie filling over top of the dip. Cherry and blueberry filling is delicious!
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the top for an upside-down cheesecake.
- Drizzle caramel or chocolate sauce on top of the Cheesecake Dip for a beautiful garnish.
- Fold in a packet of hot cocoa mix for Winter-time delight.
- For Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Dip, add cinnamon sugar and almond extract.
- You can fold leftover Christmas cookies into this dip for a low-waste approach.
- Add molasses, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon for a Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip.
- Stir in a little pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for a Fall-themed dip!
- If you want an airier dip, fold in a container of whipped topping.
Carefully chosen dippers are the cherry on top! Here are a few of the best suggestions.
- Graham cracker sticks
- Plantain chips
- Sliced apples
- Strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- Gingersnaps or other crunchy cookies
- Animal cookies
- Pita chips
- Toasted cinnamon swirl bread
Cheesecake Dip Ingredients
This recipe uses just four simple ingredients to create one stellar dip! You probably have some of these ingredients in your pantry, but you can easily find them all at grocery stores. Here’s what you need to add to your shopping cart.
Powdered sugar. We used powdered sugar to add sweetness without changing the texture. This dip is almost like thick icing, so powdered sugar was the best choice!
If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can make it yourself by combining 2 cups of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Place the mixture in a high-powered blender and pulse until powdered. You’ll know your powdered sugar is at the right consistency when you don’t feel any granules. Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do this in batches.
Cream cheese. You can’t have cheesecake without cream cheese! This ingredient adds thickness and richness to the dip. You can use dairy-free cream cheese to make this dip vegan if preferred. Dairy-free brands to watch out for include Kite Hill and Miyokos. Be sure to soften the cream cheese first for easy blending. You’ll want to let it sit on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
Sour cream. This ingredient thins the Cheesecake Dip and adds a hint of tang. You can use vanilla or plain yogurt if you don’t have sour cream. Dairy-free options include vegan sour cream or coconut milk/almond milk yogurt.
Vanilla. A hint of vanilla extract is the secret ingredient to a fabulous dip. I prefer using pure vanilla extract because you use less, and it tastes better. Other extract options include lemon or almond.
How to Make Cheesecake Dip
This recipe comes together within 20 minutes. It’s so easy; even a novice chef can pull it off! Cheesecake Dip is a great recipe for kids to help with, as it doesn’t require an oven. Here’s what you need to do.
Step One: Whip the Cream Cheese
Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl and whip until light and airy. I find it’s easiest to do this in a stand mixer, but you can do it by hand or use a hand-held mixer.
Step Two: Add Powdered Sugar
Gradually add the powdered sugar to the bowl, whipping until the mixture is homogenous. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Leftover Ideas and Storage Instructions
If you have leftover dip, you can store it in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze it for up to 2 months. Before serving, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Keep in mind that the texture of the dip will change since it contains cream cheese.
Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen! You can use leftover Cheesecake Dip to top pancakes or cinnamon rolls. You can also swirl it into brownie batter for a tasty dessert.
Want More Easy Appetizers?
Here are a few more delicious appetizers that come together in a cinch.
- Oreo Balls: Also known as Oreo Truffles, this recipe can be customized to fit any occasion. These little bites of goodness are addicting!
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip: If you enjoyed this Cheesecake Dip, you’d adore our Monster Cookie Dough Dip! It’s loaded with peanut butter, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. People can’t seem to get enough whenever I serve this at parties!
- Pigs in a Blanket: These pigs in a blanket are some of the cutest appetizers you’ll ever have. We jazzed up a classic recipe with jalapeno and cheese. Somehow, this appetizer is always one of the first to disappear.
Are you more of a sweet or savory person? What’s your favorite dip? Let us know in the comments!Print
Easy Cheesecake Dip: Delicious, Make-Ahead, Fun!
1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla in a stand mixer or mixing bowl. Whip together until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and combine until the mixture is homogenous. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply