This Easy Pecan Pie only takes 5 minutes to put together and is loaded with flavor and sweetness. If you’re looking for a classic, tasty, no-mess dessert this holiday season — you’ve come to the right place!
What makes this recipe SO good? It has a secret ingredient.
This recipe has ½ a tsp of cinnamon that truly showcases the flavors of all the other ingredients. It’s barely there but goes a long way in elevating the taste of the entire pie.
This year, when your family asks for seconds and thirds of their pecan pie, you’ll know the secret why!
How to Keep Pecan Pie Crust from Burning
Before you start baking, there’s one more thing you should know: how to keep your pecan pie crust from burning.
Pecan pie stays in the oven for 60 – 70 minutes, which makes it easy for the crust to overcook.
To save your crust, wrap a thin layer of foil around it. The foil doesn’t need to cover the center of your pie, just the edges.
I usually end up slicing a sheet of foil into thirds and creating an ‘O’ around my crust.
The foil doesn’t need to cover the center of your pie, just the crust. It takes some trial & error, but once you get the foil to stay on your pie it’s ready to go in the oven.
You can see exactly how it looks at 0:25 here:
3 Tips for The Perfect Pie
Whether you’re a novice baker or a pie professional, here’s a few tips that are helpful for baking pecan pie:
- Some pie tins are deeper than others. If you’ve poured in your pie filling and have lots of spaces between your pecans, add a few more.
- This recipe calls for light Karo syrup, but you can also use dark Karo syrup and the result is nearly identical.
- Don’t forget to cool your pie for at least 2 hours before serving. Otherwise your slices will be a goopy, sticky mess (still tasty though!).
Easy, classic pecan pie that’s ready in 5 minutes & tastes amazing.
- 1 9″ pie crust
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pie shell in a 9″ pie pan.
- Combine Karo syrup, cinnamon, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake on the center rack of oven for 60 – 70 minutes. Tip: cover edges of pie crust with tin foil before baking to prevent them from over-browning.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
And because you can never have just ONE pie at Thanksgiving, here’s How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Pie the Easy Way.