I don’t know about you, but I can never seem to be fully prepared for the holidays. And there’s always one item on my holiday to-do list that’s left for the last minute: figuring out what to cook & bake!
I like to bake holiday treats that are outside of the box. Ones that will make family and friends stop and talk about them.
This Pink Peppermint Fudge does just that.
It checks all the boxes:
- Easy to make. No oven or stovetop involved
- PRETTY! It’s bright pink 🙂
- Delicious. I usually opt for chocolate over any other dessert, but this peppermint flavor is so good
- Perfect for the holidays or a party: you can make it ahead of time (just keep it refrigerated until you need it!)
About Making Pink Peppermint Fudge
This recipe uses a little-known (at least to me) fudge trick: the microwave. Instead of melting together the ingredients using a double boiler on your stove, you’ll microwave them.
This cuts down on mess and baking time. Any recipe that you can microwave feels a little bit like cheating, but there’s no catch here! The only trick is to microwave for a little at a time and stir after each session. Full instructions below.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that will be the best thing you’ll eat this holiday season. Make some for your family, friends, a party (or all of the above!), because once you try it you’ll want to make it again & again.
Pink Peppermint Fudge
- 3 cups white baking chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 – 5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Wrap the foil all the way over the edges of the pan.
- Spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine white baking chips, sweetened condensed milk & butter.
- Microwave mixture for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds in between, stirring after each time, until mixture is melted & combined.
- Remove mix from microwave & add red food coloring + peppermint extract.
- Stir until combined & creamy.
- Pour mixture into baking pan & distribute evenly.
- Layer crushed peppermint candies on top.
- Cover & refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once ready, lift fudge out of baking pan by lifting the edges of aluminum foil. Slice into squares & enjoy!
If you’re like me & in a pinch for what else to make for the holidays. Here’s some other simple recipes that look anything but last minute!
- Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa (pair this with the peppermint fudge & you’ll be in heaven!)
- Easy Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes (the ultimate side dish for a crowd)
For a full list of easy, comfort-inspired recipes, check out our Recipe Series here.