This Pink Peppermint Fudge is not only delicious (just the right amount of peppermint!), but it’s beautiful: it’s pink!
This recipe checks all the boxes for the holidays:
- Easy to make. No oven or stovetop involved
- PRETTY! It’s bright pink 🙂
- Delicious. I usually opt for chocolate over any other dessert, but this peppermint flavor is so good
- Perfect for the holidays or a party: you can make it ahead of time (just keep it refrigerated until you need it!)
About Making Pink Peppermint Fudge
This recipe uses a little-known fudge trick: the microwave. Instead of melting together the ingredients using a double boiler on your stove, you’ll microwave them.
How to Use the Microwave to Make Fudge
Using the microwave cuts down on mess and baking time. Any recipe that you can microwave feels a little bit like cheating, but there’s no catch here!
The only trick is to microwave for a little at a time and stir after each session. Full instructions below.
How Long to Cool Fudge
Fudge should cool for at least 4 hours. This ensures that it’s firm enough to slice and eat.
If you have time, make your fudge the day before and refrigerate it overnight for perfect consistency.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that will be the best thing you’ll eat this holiday season!
Make some for your family, friends, a party (or all of the above!), because once you try it you’ll want to make it again & again.Print
A pretty pink peppermint fudge that tastes as good as it looks. Festive peppermint flavor + crushed peppermints on top.
- 3 cups white baking chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 – 5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Wrap the foil all the way over the edges of the pan.
- Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine white baking chips, sweetened condensed milk & butter.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until mixture is melted & combined.
- Once the mixture is well melted, remove from microwave. Add red food coloring & peppermint extract.
- Stir until combined & creamy.
- Pour mixture into baking pan & distribute evenly.
- Layer crushed peppermint candies on top.
- Cover & refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once ready, lift the fudge out of baking pan by lifting the edges of the aluminum foil. Slice into squares & enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Category: Dessert
If you’re like me & in a pinch for what else to make for the holidays. Here’s some other simple recipes that look anything but last minute!
- Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa (pair this with the peppermint fudge & you’ll be in heaven!)
- Easy Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes (the ultimate side dish for a crowd)
For a full list of easy, comfort-inspired recipes, check out our Recipe Series here.