These are the best crockpot BBQ meatballs because they are LOADED with flavor: they’re sweet, spicy, and smoky BBQ flavor all in one. Because of their flavor, they’re a great stand-alone dish to bring to a party, potluck, or tailgate. These are my go-to game day appetizer 🙂
Too spicy? This recipe has medium-high spice levels. If you want to tone this down, add less Sriracha and they will still turn out delicious!
In a hurry? Use frozen meatballs (pre-cooked), instead of making your own to cut down on time.
Time to Cook
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 1/2 hours on low
Makes: 2 dozen
To make the meatballs:
1.5 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup white onion
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
To make the sauce:
1/2 cup Sriracha
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s!)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
Optional: cilantro to garnish
Best Crockpot BBQ Meatballs Instructions
1. Chop the onion into small pieces. Mince the garlic.
2. In a large bowl, mix the meatballs: add the ground beef, garlic, white onion, egg, red pepper, salt & pepper.
3. Roll the meatballs into about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch balls.
4. Place the meatballs in the bottom of your crockpot.
5. In a small bowl, mix the sauce: whisk together the Sriracha, BBQ sauche, honey, brown sugar, and paprika.
6. Pour the sauce over the meatballs in the crockpot and mix to evenly distribute it.
7. Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
8. Optionally – chop some cilantro and add as garnish.
YUM. These are the best crockpot BBQ meatballs because they’re easy, flavorful, and the perfect treat for a group.
For more crockpot recipes, check out these: