There’s a couple elements that make this recipe better than a classic green bean casserole. I’m a huge fan of crockpots & this recipe only gets better as it’s converted to Crockpot Green Bean Casserole with Bacon.
- It’s made in a crockpot (cooks & mixes the flavors perfectly)
- It has bacon!
Whether you’re crazy about green bean casserole or just looking for a dish to make for a potluck or weeknight dinner: you’ll fall in love with this crockpot green bean casserole with bacon.
This is one of our favorite meals around the holidays, and it’s a no-brainer for holiday potlucks or even as a side dish to a Thanksgiving feast.
Why Make It In a Crockpot?
It’s more flavorful:
- Compared to cooking it in the oven, this recipe simmers in the crockpot for 4 hours. This allows the flavors to combine & mix perfectly. I really think this makes the recipe more flavorful than cooking it in the coven.
It’s easy to make ahead of time & keep warm:
- If you’re making this recipe ahead of time to bring somewhere (party/potluck/etc.) it’s easy to bring it in the crockpot and simply keep it on the ‘warm’ setting until it’s time to eat.
- Another benefit of this is that you can make this for a big holiday dinner and free up your oven.
- OR even make it for dinner on a busy day and keep it warm until you’re ready to eat.
A better way to make a classic: Crockpot Green Bean Casserole with Bacon. Easy to make ahead, free up your oven when cooking a big meal, or set it & forget it on a busy day.
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 cups frozen green beans, pre-cut
- 2 packages French's Fried Onions ((6 oz each))
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce ((or Worcestershire sauce))
- In your slow cooker, combine green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, black pepper, and soy sauce.
- Stir in 1 package of French's Fried onions & the chopped bacon.
- Simmer on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining package of French's Fried Onions prior to serving. Serve in your crockpot or transfer to casserole serving dish.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
For more crockpot recipes, here’s our top 3 most popular picks: