This crockpot hamburger cheese dip is a fun recipe to celebrate with: it’s heavenly melted cheese mixed with ground beef and a little spice.
If you’re looking for an even spicer recipe, check out our popular Spicy Chorizo Queso Dip Recipe.
There’s so much to love about this recipe… it’s easy to make, stays warm in your crockpot, and is ideal party food. You can make a big batch and snack on it while you watch a game or move.
Kids love it, adults love it, and once you make it you’ll want to bring it with you to every potluck or party on your calendar.
This is a simple recipe with the key ingredients being Velveeta cheese, rotel tomatoes (or salsa), and hamburger beef.
How to Make Crockpot Hamburger Cheese Dip
The full ingredients and instructions are below (scroll down) but here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need for this recipe and how to make it:
What you need to make hamburger cheese dip:
- Velveeta cheese (2 lb package)
- Can of cream of mushroom soup
- Can rotel (or salsa will also work)
- 1 lb of hamburger beef (lean ground beef works best)
- 1 jalapeno (add more if you like spice)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
Step 1: Brown the Beef
In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef. Drain the grease once it’s done cooking.
Step 2: Add Ingredients to Slow Cooker
Add all ingredients (including the cooked ground beef) into your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 – 3 hours, covered. Stir occasionally to keep cheese from browning or burning around the edges.
Step 3: Serve with Chips
Enjoy! Serve with tortilla chips.
Yum. This crockpot hamburger cheese dip is a recipe that you’ll want to save for a party, game day, or next time you need to feed a crowd. It’s quick and easy to make (or bring with you!) with just the right amount of spice.Print
There's so much to love about this recipe… it's easy to make, stays warm in your crockpot, and is ideal party food. You can make a big batch and snack on it while you watch a game or movie.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 lbs Velveeta (cubed)
- 1 10.5 oz can rotel tomatoes
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef, chili powder and garlic powder. Drain the grease.
- Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot.
- Cook covered on low for 2 hours until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American